Upper Orwell Crossing Comment Male 55-64 Other (please specify)
|Respondent ID:||4906145280 (Collector: 87370504)|
|Date of feedback:||11/08/2016 - 11/08/2016|
|A business owner:||No|
|A land owner:||No|
|Organisation:||Representative of an organisation|
|Gender and Age Group:||Male / 55-64|
|How did you hear about the consultation?||Social Media (Facebook/Twitter)|
How important do you think the following benefits of the crossings are for Suffolk?
- The redevelopment of the island as an area for high tech investment and enterprise
- Continued investment in the Waterfront, Marina and the Port
- The regeneration of the southern section of the town including business investment, housing development and community services
- Less congestion in Ipswich and on the A14 and improved journey times
- Increased connectivity between the southeast and southwest of Ipswich
- More route options and improving safety for walking and cycling
|Island Site:||No feeling either way|
|Ipswich Waterfront Investment:||Not important|
|Regeneration:||No feeling either way|
|A14 and Ipswich congestion:||No feeling either way|
|South East and South West connectivity:||No feeling either way|
|Rat-run Route Options and Safety:||Important|
Which of the following impacts are important in determining your support for the crossings?
Ipswich Ltd note: We notice no option for air pollution
|Visual appearance/design quality:||No feeling either way|
|Noise:||No feeling either way|
|Land use and/or property:||No feeling either way|
|Disruption during construction:||No feeling either way|
|Other (please specify):||Any crossing designs must not further impede yacht users who have to a large extent being the impetus behind the regeneration of the wet dock areas.|
The crossings would deliver reductions in traffic on many local roads; however it is likely that some local roads surrounding the crossings would experience an increase in traffic. In priority order, please choose the three issues that would concern you the most if traffic increased on your road.
|Second biggest concern:|
|Third biggest concern:|
Now choose the three traffic management measures you think we should consider to manage the potential impacts of traffic increases if they were to occur on your road.
|Most important:||Pedestrian crossings|
|Second most important:||Traffic calming|
|Third most important:||Reduced speed limits|
East to West travel
- How often do you currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- How do you most commonly currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- What is the main reason you currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- Which of the following statements best describe your current travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- Would you like to be added to our consultation database to be updated about the project and future opportunities to have your say?
|How often East-West travel:||Rarely|
|Method of Transport:||Other (please specify) Pedestrian and/or public transport.|
|Main reason of travel:||Other (please specify) Rather than from east to west, we enter through the lock gates to the wet docks.|
|Current travel experience:|
|Keep me updated:||Yes / Agree to continue with survey|
Do you have any further comments or concerns about the location and/or operation of the crossings?
|Comments:||The suggested bridges should be designed so that they do not make it more difficult to access the wet docks, currently via a lock system. This is difficult enough! Bridges need to be high enough to accommodate yachts with masts (say 30m clearance). To have to wait for bridges to open, then to wait for locks to open, will discourage boat owners, who generate a lot of the town's business.|
Download the Upper Orwell Crossing Consultation Document