|Respondent ID:||4907855869 (Collector: 87370504)|
|Date of feedback:||12/08/2016 - 12/08/2016|
| A resident:||Yes |
|A worker:||No |
|A business owner:||No |
|A land owner:||No |
|Organisation:||No - Individual.|
|Gender and Age Group:||Male / 35-44|
|How did you hear about the consultation?|| Cyclingipswich website|
How important do you think the following benefits of the crossings are for Suffolk?
- The redevelopment of the island as an area for high tech investment and enterprise
- Continued investment in the Waterfront, Marina and the Port
- The regeneration of the southern section of the town including business investment, housing development and community services
- Less congestion in Ipswich and on the A14 and improved journey times
- Increased connectivity between the southeast and southwest of Ipswich
- More route options and improving safety for walking and cycling
|Island Site:||No feeling either way|
|Ipswich Waterfront Investment:||Important|
|A14 and Ipswich congestion:||Very important|
|South East and South West connectivity:||No feeling either way|
|Rat-run Route Options and Safety:||Very important|
Which of the following impacts are important in determining your support for the crossings?
Ipswich Ltd note: We notice no option for air pollution
|Visual appearance/design quality:||Very important|
|Land use and/or property:||No feeling either way|
|Disruption during construction:||Important|
|Other (please specify):|
The crossings would deliver reductions in traffic on many local roads; however it is likely that some local roads surrounding the crossings would experience an increase in traffic. In priority order, please choose the three issues that would concern you the most if traffic increased on your road.
|Biggest concern:||Cyclist access|
|Second biggest concern:||Pedestrian access|
|Third biggest concern:||Safely crossing the road|
Now choose the three traffic management measures you think we should consider to manage the potential impacts of traffic increases if they were to occur on your road.
|Most important:||Pedestrian crossings|
|Second most important:||Physical measures to prevent through traffic|
|Third most important:||Reduced speed limits|
East to West travel
- How often do you currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- How do you most commonly currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- What is the main reason you currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- Which of the following statements best describe your current travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- Would you like to be added to our consultation database to be updated about the project and future opportunities to have your say?
|How often East-West travel:||Weekly|
|Method of Transport:||Car driver |
|Main reason of travel:||Recreation or leisure |
|Current travel experience:||There is often congestion or delays|
|Keep me updated:||Yes / Agree to continue with survey|
Do you have any further comments or concerns about the location and/or operation of the crossings?
|Comments:||Cycling should be considered throughout this development. Lowering of congestion can be achieved by encouraging more cycling and less driving in and around Ipswich. The current provision for safe cycling for anyone other than a thrill speaking professional cyclist is practically non-existent in Ipswich so any new development must consider provisions for fast transport utilising non-congestion and pollution causing transport methods such as cycling and walking. For the record I do own a car but wouldn't mind my journey by car being slightly more difficult if the rest of my days in Ipswich were safe and pleasant without dangerous roads to walk and cycle next to. Thank you.|