|Respondent ID:||4908519372 (Collector: 87370504)|
|Date of feedback:||12/08/2016 - 12/08/2016|
| A resident:||No |
|A worker:||Yes |
|A business owner:||No |
|A land owner:||No |
|Organisation:||No - Individual.|
|Gender and Age Group:||Male / 45-54|
|How did you hear about the consultation?|| Newspaper article |
How important do you think the following benefits of the crossings are for Suffolk?
- The redevelopment of the island as an area for high tech investment and enterprise
- Continued investment in the Waterfront, Marina and the Port
- The regeneration of the southern section of the town including business investment, housing development and community services
- Less congestion in Ipswich and on the A14 and improved journey times
- Increased connectivity between the southeast and southwest of Ipswich
- More route options and improving safety for walking and cycling
|Ipswich Waterfront Investment:||Important|
|A14 and Ipswich congestion:||Very important|
|South East and South West connectivity:||No feeling either way|
|Rat-run Route Options and Safety:||Very important|
Which of the following impacts are important in determining your support for the crossings?
Ipswich Ltd note: We notice no option for air pollution
|Visual appearance/design quality:||No feeling either way|
|Land use and/or property:||No feeling either way|
|Disruption during construction:||Important|
|Other (please specify):|
The crossings would deliver reductions in traffic on many local roads; however it is likely that some local roads surrounding the crossings would experience an increase in traffic. In priority order, please choose the three issues that would concern you the most if traffic increased on your road.
|Biggest concern:||Cyclist access|
|Second biggest concern:||Safely crossing the road|
|Third biggest concern:||Vehicle speed|
Now choose the three traffic management measures you think we should consider to manage the potential impacts of traffic increases if they were to occur on your road.
|Most important:||Pedestrian crossings|
|Second most important:||Parking changes/restrictions|
|Third most important:||Traffic calming|
East to West travel
- How often do you currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- How do you most commonly currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- What is the main reason you currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- Which of the following statements best describe your current travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- Would you like to be added to our consultation database to be updated about the project and future opportunities to have your say?
|How often East-West travel:||Every weekday|
|Method of Transport:||Cyclist |
|Main reason of travel:||Commuting |
|Current travel experience:||There is some congestion or delays|
|Keep me updated:||Yes / Agree to continue with survey|
Do you have any further comments or concerns about the location and/or operation of the crossings?
|Comments:||The proposal is expected to increase traffic along Whestead Road but at the same time encourage more cyclists to cross the river and use the roads in this area. As a regular cycle commuter along Wherstead Road it is already very dangerous and difficult to cross, there are no pedestrian/cycle crossings south of the West Bank railway branch bridge despite National Cycle Route 1 running through Bourne park and the Strand being the preferred cycle route out to the Shotley peninsula. I would ask that one or more toucan crossings be considered for further out along Wherstead Road to help improve safety for both cyclists and pedestrians. I have a near miss about once a fortnight while trying to cross the road and access Bourne Park on my way home to Capel St Mary.|