Upper Orwell Crossing Comment Residents Other (please specify)
|Respondent ID:||4918235309 (Collector: 87894198)|
|Date of feedback:||18/08/2016 - 18/08/2016|
|A business owner:||No|
|A land owner:||No|
|Organisation:||Representative of an organisation|
|Gender and Age Group:||/|
|How did you hear about the consultation?||Community update|
How important do you think the following benefits of the crossings are for Suffolk?
- The redevelopment of the island as an area for high tech investment and enterprise
- Continued investment in the Waterfront, Marina and the Port
- The regeneration of the southern section of the town including business investment, housing development and community services
- Less congestion in Ipswich and on the A14 and improved journey times
- Increased connectivity between the southeast and southwest of Ipswich
- More route options and improving safety for walking and cycling
|Ipswich Waterfront Investment:|
|A14 and Ipswich congestion:|
|South East and South West connectivity:|
|Rat-run Route Options and Safety:||Very important|
Which of the following impacts are important in determining your support for the crossings?
Ipswich Ltd note: We notice no option for air pollution
|Visual appearance/design quality:||Very important|
|Land use and/or property:||Very important|
|Disruption during construction:||Very important|
|Other (please specify):||Greening & community social housing|
The crossings would deliver reductions in traffic on many local roads; however it is likely that some local roads surrounding the crossings would experience an increase in traffic. In priority order, please choose the three issues that would concern you the most if traffic increased on your road.
|Biggest concern:||Safely crossing the road|
|Second biggest concern:||Congestion|
|Third biggest concern:||Noise|
Now choose the three traffic management measures you think we should consider to manage the potential impacts of traffic increases if they were to occur on your road.
|Most important:||Night time ban for HGVs|
|Second most important:||Physical measures to prevent through traffic|
|Third most important:||Junction changes|
East to West travel
- How often do you currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- How do you most commonly currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- What is the main reason you currently travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- Which of the following statements best describe your current travel between the east and west of Ipswich?
- Would you like to be added to our consultation database to be updated about the project and future opportunities to have your say?
|How often East-West travel:||Several times a week|
|Method of Transport:||Other (please specify) Pedestrian, cyclist, public transport, car, passenger|
|Main reason of travel:||Other (please specify) N/A Relevant to the crossing|
|Current travel experience:|
|Keep me updated:||Yes / Prefer not to disclose|
Do you have any further comments or concerns about the location and/or operation of the crossings?
|Comments:||These crossings will not address the congestion of the town so what is the benefit to town residents? Questions from Ipswich Green Party Meeting 29/07/2016 Where are the actual Plans/ Which roads are the crossings connecting to/from? The map isn't accurate enough to show outcomes for residents What is meant by East and West because the crossings are not, they are more specific, are they not (Q13/14) What would Option C offer on the Island and when did the Island become private? ( Older residents remember when there was a tree lined Promenade) With so much of the waterfront unoccupied, who is going to want the Island. Why do you think it will attract investment? What about existing businesses e.g FairLine - will they have to move? What about safety of pedestrians and cyclist with heavy traffic also using the crossing? With busier roads in a small area how will it improve traffic congestion? Where is the money to create a by-pass to the north which would take traffic out of the town and be more effective in reducing traffic congestion? Where is the money to improve Landseer/Holywells Road for residents, cyclists, pedestrians, and vehicles? And what will happen to the Wherstead Road; will that be improved to take more traffic? The survey has opened up more questions than answeres.|
Download the Upper Orwell Crossing Consultation Document